To purchase fusionwear sv fabrics go to these links at Spoonflower:
We Have Winners in the Fusionwear sv textile contest!
Below are the winning submissions. There were 46 image submissions and over 280 people who either voted online or in person at the SubZero Festival. Voting closed June 11th. Congratulations winners! Each will receive three yards of their fabric printed by Spoonflower
. These fabrics will be exhibited at the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles during the ZERO1 2010 Art & Technology Festival
in September. Artist will receive their fabrics after the show.
1. What is your vision of Silicon Valley? What cultural textiles do you see in your community?
Participate in fusionwear sv
, an online public participatory project with the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles.
You can join and add your photos of living cultural textiles of Santa Clara or you can create and upload your own textile designs.
You can also follow my Textiles of Santa Clara
set in Flickr. I a beginning to location tag each image so that in Flickr maps
one can see where each image was taken. There is also a Flickr map for the fusionwear photo submissions on the fusionwear sv site.
2. Bring your Fabrics to be documented.
This documentation of living textiles will inform the process of my textile designs reflecting on Santa Clara County's past and present.
- May 17th, 2010 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Cupertino Library Asian Heritage Month Program at the Cupertino Community Hall. Come and share your cultural garments and textiles to be photographed as inspiration for textile creation. By bringing in or wearing your garment, you get the chance to enter a raffle to win a pair of custom Zazzle shoes.
- Alum Rock Library Hispanic Heritage Month (September). Date yet to be determined.
3. SubZero Festival Textile Lab
I will also be conducting a free digital textile design lab workshop at The San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles during the SubZero Festival on June, 4th, 2010 6:30 -8:30pm. The Krause Center for Innovation has generously agreed to loan me five laptops for this event. People will be able to vote on the fusionwear sv textile contest and submit inspiration images. I will also have textile design activities with pencil and paper for visitors to try out.
4. Furoshiki workshop and Lectures at
I hope to be conducting workshops on the craft of Japanese fabric wrapping using my textile designs paired with a lecture at both the Cupertino and Alum Rock Libraries. More on this later.
Design your own shoes and shirts at the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textile Zazzle store:
Or Design your own shoes and shirts at my Zazzle store: